entry to the ECS building is free of charge / tickets concern only visiting permanent exhibition
|MAYOR PAWEŁ ADAMOWICZ MOURNING CEREMONIES
18 January, Friday
until 4 p.m. | Farewell of the citizens of Gdansk to the Mayor Paweł Adamowicz in the ECS.
5 p.m. | The funeral procession will set off from ECS to the St. Mary’s Church in Gdańsk, where the service will be held. The church will be open until midnight. Then, the body of Paweł Adamowicz will be incinerated
19 January, Saturday
from 7.00 a.m. | There will be a possibility to pray for the Mayor Paweł Adamowicz in the Royal Chapel. St. Mary’s Church will not be available to the worshippers due to security reasons.
12.00 p.m. | Service will be presided over by Archbishop Leszek Sławoj Głódź, Metropolitan of Gdansk. Mayor Paweł Adamowicz will be buried in the St. Mary’s Chruch. The family kindly asks you not to bring candles and flowers, and instead to support the Mayor’s close organizations: the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity or the father Dutkiewicz Hospice in Gdańsk. Volunteers with cans will be both inside the church and outside
▪ 17-20 January, Thursday – Sunday | ECS permanent exhibition, Fun Department and underground parking will not be available to guests
▪ 20 January, Sunday | A curatorial walk around the THREAD. THE WAVE OF FREEDOM exhibition will not take place.
▪ In ECS, you can contribute by signing in in the book of condolence (except for 19 January, Saturday) - until 27 January or longer
▪ Traffic inside the ECS building will be unidirectional. The entrance will be open from the Gate No. 2 of the historic shipyard, exit from Nowomiejska street
▪ No candles allowed in the ECS
▪ There is a space on the mezzanine on the 1st floor dedicated to the media
▪ Streets near ECS: Doki and Nowomiejska will be closed for vehicular traffic from 17 January to the appeal
▪ The city encourages the residents who go to ECS to use public transportation which is going to be free of charge
MAY — SEPTEMBER
7 days a week | 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Monday – Friday | 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday | 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
OCTOBER — APRIL
7 days a week | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday – Friday | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday | closed
ENTRY TO THE BUILDING *
May — September / historical Gate № 2 of Gdańsk Shipyard, through side exit on Nowomiejska Street and summer entrance on Solidarity Square
October — April / historical Gate № 2 of Gdańsk Shipyard and through side exit on Nowomiejska street
9 DAYS A YEAR THE BUILDING IS CLOSED
1 January / The New Year
6 January / Epiphany
21 April 2019 / Easter
22 April 2019 / Easter Monday
20 June 2019 / Corpus Christi
1 November / All Saints’ Day
24 December / Christmas Eve
25 December / Christmas
26 December / Christmas
* TEMPORARY OPENING CHANGES
|Since 29 October 2018 / Monday – the side entrance to the ECS is closed. We kindly ask our visitors to use the main entrance to the ECS via the historic Gate No. 2 or the employee entrance on Nowomiejska street (available for visitors).We apologise for any inconvenience